sábado, março 24, 2007

Linux!! Linux!! linux!!

The goods make the bads worthwhile.

System up!! ;)

Has promised first time hole went for the system. Ended up breaking my pride and formating the system partition... 'cause actually it was the only thing I had to lose.
My strategy of moving all non system files, and some configuration files to a different partition worked like a charm. Saved me days of Google searching, and naturally all of my "sensitive data".
Still took me a couple of hours to get things my way, which tells me the next step is to do a script to do all this for me every time I format the disk. But that's a little more complicated than it seems 'cause there are versions, and kernel stuff to take care of for it to be perfect.
And... that would be a little out of reach for me at the moment.

Still, I'm rather pleased today ;)

Sem comentários :